Friday, 31 October 2008

10% Macca

Councillor Robert Pyne:

  • "I was on MacKenzie [846am Talkback Radio] this morning, and there were a number of callers, about the changes to McLeod Street. We need to listen to them."

Mayor Val Schier:

  • "Well not many listen to him anyway. Only 10% listen. We know this."


Me thinks someone isn't being given any airtime on this little ol radio station.

Cairns Regional Council meeting
Thursday 30th October @ 10:33am approx

1 comment:

Rob Williams, President Cairns Tropic Jazz Club said...

Val should realize that 99% of statistics are made up on the spot.

John McKenzie has an audience of thousands, I'd say probably 60% of the travelling public listen to him every day, the other 40% listen to Fiona. That leaves 0% listening to Val.

Could you imagine the horrible sound when every member of the Band played the same song in a different key? Can you understand how the Cairns Tropic Jazz Club with over 54 professional musicians has carried on the legacy of 100 years in North Queensland performing for their patrons in tune, on call, and on time?

Consensus and leadership is the key. May be the pollies and Mayor should be taking their time from us.

Instead they play their own song and expect everyone else to go with it. That's why they are out of tune and step with the rest of us.