Saturday, 13 August 2011

Daniel Morcombe investigation announcement

Queensland Police are about to hold a media conference at 6.30pm at the Roma Street headquarters in Brisbane, regarding the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe from the Sunshine Coast.

The 13-year-old went missing in December 2003 when he was waiting for a bus at Woombye.

A person of interest in the investigation, has been taken into custody. The suspect known as "P7", who gave evidence to the inquiry into Daniel's death, had been detained in Brisbane.

A 41 year old man has been charged with one count each of murder, deprivation of liberty, child stealing, indecent treatment of a child under 16 and interfering with a corpse.
He will appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday.


Russ Parker said...

This is great news for Daniel's family as well as the many investigators who have chipped away at the case over the last eight years.

Bruce & Denise have been and will no doubt continue to be inspirational people.

Terry Vance said...

Yes, well done to the police, detectives and the parents who refused to give up. As a parent myself, I just hope this animal is never released from prison ever again.

nomooremike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KitchenSlut said...

Ummm ..... perhaps he should at least be found guilty first?

Terry Vance said...

Of course you are right KS. However after 8 years, I was assuming the police had their man.