This is in addition to $12 million that has already been spent on planning for this facility at two other locations but previous Councils. Only Councillors Robert Pyne and Julia Leu voted against the expenditure.
3. CONTRACTUAL MATTER - CAIRNS PERFORMING ARTS CENTRE
- APPOINTMENT OF CONSULTANTS ................................................................. 64
P. Tabulo: 26/7/18-05: #3717198
Moved: Mayor Bob MANNING
1. Council appoints the consultants as listed below for the preparation of the Concept Plan for a Performing Arts Centre as required in the Heads of Agreement with Ports North. These appointments are made in accordance with Local Government (Finance, Plans and Reporting) Regulation 2010, section 184 because of the specialised nature of the services that are sought, together with their experience and association with the previous Cairns Entertainment Precinct, making it impractical for Council to invite quotes or tenders for this Concept Plan stage.
2. Savills Project Management be appointed to manage the preparation of the above Concept Plan and to undertake Phase 1 of the preparation of the Business Case as also required in the above Agreement for the sum of $328,640.
3. The scope of the Business Plan be agreed with the State and Federal governments.
4. Council delegates authority in accordance with Section 257 of the Local Government Act 2009 to the Chief Executive Officer to finalise any matters relating to the appointment of consultants for the proposed Performing Arts Centre and to also resolve contracts from the Cairns Entertainment Precinct project that will not be necessary to progress the Performing Arts Complex.
Performing Arts Complex- Concept Plan Consultants
Consultant Discipline Proposed Fee including Expenses
CA Cox Rayner Architect $372,099
WT Partnership Cost Planner $46,000
Acoustic Studio Acoustic Engineer $87,012
Schuler Shook Theatre Planner $70,170 25
Arup Structural Engineer $86,100
Arup Mechanical Engineer $74,500
Arup Traffic Engineer $50,000
Cardno Civil Engineer $61,975
SPP Hydraulic Engineer $71,500
Steensen Varming Electrical Engineer $46,000
Steensen Varming Vertical Transport Engineer $5,000
Certis BCA Consultant $32,000
Cundall ESD Consultant $34,950
Urbis Town Planner $35,500
PricewaterhouseCoopers Economist $138,811
Councillors Pyne and Leu voting against the motion