''The four years since Anna Bligh became Premier had accelerated the decline that had been occurring under the 20 year old Labor Government,'' LNP Parliamentary Leader Jeff Seeney said.
“Queensland’s downhill slide under Labor has only accelerated since Anna Bligh took over with the loss of the state’s AAA credit rating, broken promises on asset sales and the fuel tax, and the health payroll debacle all happening on her watch,” Jeff Seeney said. “Labor’s economic mismanagement has seen debt spiral out of control and head towards $85 billion and all Queenslanders are paying the price every day in so many ways.”
Under Anna Bligh and Labor...
- Stamp duty changes are adding up to $7,000 to the cost of buying a family home;
- Car registration has ballooned $107.55 to $443.45 since 2008;
- Electricity prices have spiralled over 60% over the past five years and will rise by another $118 this year;
- Water bills were set to double over seven years;
- The Gateway and Logan Motorway tolls have been hiked 31%; and
- Drivers licences have more than doubled from $73.70 to $152.50 for a five year licence.
Seeney says Anna Bligh’s ‘reign of pain’ had also been marked by a monumental waste of taxpayers’ money, with billions of dollars spent on a water grid that was barely used and $220 million needed to fix the disastrous health payroll system.
“During her time at the top, Anna Bligh has been unwilling or unable to sack Labor Ministers for incompetence, with Paul Lucas, Stephen Robertson and Geoff Wilson still key members of her Cabinet despite their many failures,” Jeff Seeney said. “Similarly, Anna Bligh has refused to stand up for Queensland and oppose Labor’s carbon tax, preferring to cheer on this job destroying tax that will only further increase the cost of living."